Family lawyers often call January “Divorce Month” as the rate of people needing advice on separation, parenting arrangements and the division of property is far greater to that of other months. At Tiyce & Lawyers we are certainly noticing the increase in new client enquiries.
The reasons vary:
1. The New Year holds new opportunities;
2. Parents wait until the festive season is over;
3. The emotional and financial stress of the festive season is too much; or
4. Couples amicably decide to separate in the New Year.
Whatever the reason, it is important that anybody who has decided to separate from their partner obtain legal advice from a family lawyer. Too often we come across clients who have made impulsive and poor decisions about their children and property without receiving proper legal advice. At Tiyce & Lawyers we help make those decisions more informed and less difficult by providing you with expert advice and putting aside the emotion and frustration.
At Tiyce & Lawyers we offer obligation and cost free initial consultations and provide advice on all areas of family law, including:
- Parenting disputes and agreements;
- Property disputes and agreements;
- Financial and prenuptial agreements;
- Fertility agreements and contracts;
- Same sex family law; and
- Wills and estates.
We have a range of specialist family lawyers to suit your personal needs who are always here when you need us.
Please call our office on (02) 9211 9976 or fill out the enquiry form to organise your obligation- and cost-free initial consultation.
Thomas Mathews is a Family Law Solicitor at Tiyce & Lawyers