De facto, night facto, the fact that they’re facto-ing at all I find repulsive in the extreme. #kathkimquotes
Not all relationships are front and centre. Not all relationships are a matter of public opinion. In an ever public world we deal with clients who are increasingly private.
That being said the truth always wins out and Tiyce & Lawyers can instigate the enquiry necessary to determine the nature of your relationship, whether the other party wants to accept it or not.
Whether you consider it dating, cohabiting or a deeply intimate relationship, you may still be entitled to a property settlement.
There is no clear test in family law. Ultimately if it has been 2 years or 10 years, whether you are in a de facto relationship will need to be determined. In doing so the Court will consider:
- Whether there are children
- Your financial support of each other.
- Commitment to a shared life
- The duration of the relationship
- How you lived – together or apart
- Your acquisition of joint assets and how you used them
- How others saw your relationship
- Whether a sexual relationship exists
- Whether the relationship is or was registered under a prescribed law of a State or Territory as a prescribed kind of relationship
We’re here when you need us.