We invite you to attend our free Family Law seminar specifically tailored for the financial services industry.
We recognise the important and significant role that accountants and financial advisors have in family law proceedings whether it be from prior to the commencement of a relationship through the management of your client’s finances and its future implications through to providing financial advice as to the structure of any property settlement.
On Tuesday 16 October 2018 we are holding a 1 hour seminar to provide you with information to better service your clients. Through this seminar we will aim to provide you with a general overview of family law and address the common issues you may encounter if you have a client who is going through a separation.
The seminar will cover:
- The basics of family law
- The requirements of full and frank disclosure in family law proceedings
- Financial Agreement – when they are appropriate and are they enforceable?
- Marriage breakdown and Division 7A loans
- How to ensure that loans to a party are recoverable in the event that party separates
- The impacts of how client’s financial conduct after separation can impact on a property settlement
- Discretionary trusts as a vehicle for asset protection
- Tax debts and who will be liable for the amount owing
- Expert valuations for property matters
- Superannuation splitting as part of a property settlement
- Stamp duty exemptions
- The importance of financial advice during family law proceedings
Caitlin Lloyd and Anthony Saba are Family Law Specialists and will be running the program. Both practitioners practice exclusively in family law and have extensive knowledge in complex family law matters.
Where: Tiyce & Lawyers, 115 Crown St Darlinghurst (see on map)
When: Tuesday 16 October 2018, 6pm – 7pm
Following the seminar we invite you to stay for a drink to meet some of our staff who will happily answer any further questions.