Who do the kids live with?

By | July 3rd, 2020|

Going through a separation can be an emotional rollercoaster.  Do I need to find a new house?  How will I be able to afford this?  Who will the kids live with?

Of course you can talk about these things with your former partner and many couples resolve these questions between them.  If you cannot reach an agreement then an application can be made to the Family Court to decide what should occur or to formally confirm parenting arrangements made between consenting parties.

You will have heard horror stories about how long it currently takes for the Family Court to deal with matters, and while that can be true on a final basis, the Court does have the ability to act quickly in circumstances of urgency.  This might include where there are issues of family violence or child abuse or some other risk to a child or a party.

Interim applications are dealt with urgently by a Judge to ensure that the best interest of the child is served.  Given the current delays, exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic, it is important to get these applications right the first time.  You may not get a second chance.

Tiyce & Lawyers – we’re here when you need us.

We’re here when you need us.

Book an initial consultation or call us: 1300 084 923

GOT QUESTIONS? CALL 1300 084 923